Hot Rod Forum banner

39 Hudson door photos

914 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mosstrooper 
#1 ·
Just a few photos to show what I have been doing with my doors.

I used 3 mm fiber backing board, and 3 mm floor Vinyl glued to that to give a cushion feel, The Vinyl has a square tiled effect which shows through the Coffee & Cream Leatherette and gives a nice quilted effect.

The shiny strips are polished Ally used in bathroom tile decoration, they are "C" section which allows screws to be slotted in and bolted through the back of the door panel.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice! I wouldn't have come up with the idea of using floor vinyl in that way in a thousand years! I recon you glued the floor vinyl to the fiberboard, and then glued the leatherette to the floor vinyl, right?

Very well done. The rest of the car is looking mighty fine as well! :thumbup:

#4 ·
Dusty,
That is exactly the way I did the job, After the Vinyl is glued to the Fiber board, you can cut out patterns with a blade, then glue the Leatherette down pressing it into the pattern you cut.

I have posted another two photos of the rear side panels showing this method.

My car is a low buck enterprise and I try to use everyday materials easily obtained to get the finish I'm looking for.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.