Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 390 pros & cons
Thread: 390 pros & cons
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Car history

I tried to get the car history but I ran into so many boogies, something special about this car but I am not sure what is it, maybe if I find a similar one to check will help. would you happen to know where can I get the complete history of this car?

I've been talking to so many about the power train, they all seem to think that the 390 is just fine and strong enough, I much rather keep it original if possible.

Odd, I saw a 1960 that needs total restoration and I was thinking of buying it, I don't know why, it was a nightmare to finish this one but these cars are so awesome, not many restored around and plenty need restoration.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhatz View Post
I had one like that, original owner H. Hughes, original color was silver-blue.
Is this the same car?

The 390 with the Hydro does just fine. A limo of that vintage will smoke 'em.

I swapped a '59 limo to 400/700R4, and I'm not sure it was worth it. (I still have the 60k 390!)
I can tell you the 472/500s won't go without a lot of surgery. Forget that option, the oil pump is smack in the middle of the crossmember.

There was a factory-optional dual quad, but you probably won't net any advantage in such a heavy car. I would go with a modern cam grind though.