Hot Rod Forum banner

3D Artist Here

7K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  steelcity6 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, so I noticed you had an art place on the forum and I guess i will show you what I do for fun and freelance.

And i will be adding more work soon.

See less See more
#4 ·
Freakin awesome, I've seen this style work around and still have no clue how you guys do it, Cad4 stuff ??, poser ??, other types of programs ??.

I always worried about how much power I needed in my comp since it's windows based PC and not a mac with tons of power to run many of these programs efficiently.

I am waiting on a new 12 gig DDR3 memory motherboard but will have to do with Vista 64 bit pro, and I'm going to try one of the new solid state drives

#5 · (Edited)
Ohh noo you are over exaggerating this junk a little bit. I also run windows and would never touch a mac! :)

I just ordered a new pc couple min ago which will have
3.2ghz I7 CPU
12gigs Ram
and a decent video card.

But anyhow, I use 3D studio max. if you boys are interested in learning I actually sell a tutorial which teaches you how to do it all and I even put it up to download for free but just a low quality version.

#7 ·
As a moderator, it is my duty to have you edit for advertising. But, if you go to your user control panel, you can show people to your own homepage. In addition, you can just drop a line like "pm me for more info" and let it ride like that. Obviously you've got talent, so this is not intended to discourage.

One last bit. I showed my wife those pics, and she thought they were real, not 3D images. You've earned a thumbs-up now from both of us. Nice work.

In a while, Chet.

#8 ·
schnitz said:
As a moderator, it is my duty to have you edit for advertising. But, if you go to your user control panel, you can show people to your own homepage. In addition, you can just drop a line like "pm me for more info" and let it ride like that. Obviously you've got talent, so this is not intended to discourage.

One last bit. I showed my wife those pics, and she thought they were real, not 3D images. You've earned a thumbs-up now from both of us. Nice work.

In a while, Chet.
Hey Man, thanks for the compliments. And dont worry about the advertisement modifications I am not offended or anything at all because I know that's not allowed and I wasn't sure if it was a form of advertisement or not but either way its fine and no problems.

Anyhow, here is another image :D

I will have a lot more soon to come as soon as I assemble my new pc! :)

#14 ·
yknot said:
Here I thought we had a cool new member, and it was only another AD in discise, Great.
another ad? Well I am sorry that I am not at a point where I can do service for free but I do think its awsome that wherever you do work you dont take a fee for it, if only we had more people that work because they love it and not because they need money to support themselves and their family.

#19 ·
Sergey said:
Ohh noo you are over exaggerating this junk a little bit. I also run windows and would never touch a mac! :)

I just ordered a new pc couple min ago which will have
3.2ghz I7 CPU
12gigs Ram
and a decent video card.

But anyhow, I use 3D studio max. if you boys are interested in learning I actually sell a tutorial which teaches you how to do it all and I even put it up to download for free but just a low quality version.
I understand the editing and stuff, I also strongly believe in non advertising in this style of forum as Schnitz has stated.

But if you'd like to answer a couple of questions pertaining to this style of work could you do it here ??

What is the learning curve of the 3Dmax compared to say PS3, are there others that will give similar results if you have kinda settled into one way of working such as with layers, styles, airbrush and so on mainly Adobe based programs, I've even found it hard going back to Jasc for a few things.

#20 · (Edited)
Well 3D max is different than photo shop. In 3D you cannot think of it as a picture anymore and have to think of it as a physical object. You get 4 view ports to work in and you have to use every single view to make sure your model looks good from any side.
You start off from a small box or a flat 2D plane which than you need to extend and work your way into making it 3D. You can youtube just stuff like 3D max and there should be a lot of posts regarding how it looks like and how people make things in it. Sorry about my writing I am a bit busy so typing a bit fast.

Edit: Here is another car I did for a cleint recenly. He wanted his ford to be mainly stock but with some crazy custom wheels.

Also, a colorful render will be out soon.

#21 ·
uhhh, just to get the story straight, i really am not that big of an art freak; my little sister and her husband do custom artwork and what else would an older brother do in conversation besides mention that she's a great artist? I'm not looking to advertise anything. I'm only looking to get and give answers to people's car problems and carry small conversation via this forum. I've been a mechanic for 15 yrs. and a shop foreman for the last 10 of those. This is my REAL passion. And, guys, I'm sure that you weren't referencing me in that comment. That would have been pretty weak.

Anyway, nice artwork, forget the web sites I "posted".

#22 ·
Johnny, those links posted came back as too close to commercial advertising to allow, so I edited them out. As one of the mods covering this forum, I have no issue with sharing info, and cool art, but I viewed them as a "too close to allow" links, so I made the judgment call. It just keeps the board clean. As far as allowing price quotes publicly for services available, those posts will be split off to the dump as well. Info posts such as "PM me for prices if interested..." will be allowed (by me anyway..), but much more than that cannot (and will not) be tolerated.

If further explanation or clarity is needed, I will do my best to clear it up.

In a while, Chet.

#23 ·
Sergey, I've seen some of these done bymajor artists, not that anything is wrong with your also great but a few that I've seen actually go as far as to add the "nibs" to the tires in unreal clarity. You have to hand it to you guys that do this, I don't think time will allow me to start a new program, but I'll still sit back and watch the dimension masters move ahead of the curve.

#24 ·
Only Racing said:
Sergey, I've seen some of these done bymajor artists, not that anything is wrong with your also great but a few that I've seen actually go as far as to add the "nibs" to the tires in unreal clarity. You have to hand it to you guys that do this, I don't think time will allow me to start a new program, but I'll still sit back and watch the dimension masters move ahead of the curve.
Yeah, I dont go all out on detail with these cars, But for my personal work I do :)

Check these out for myself.

#26 ·
Sergey said:
Hey Man, thanks for the compliments. And dont worry about the advertisement modifications I am not offended or anything at all because I know that's not allowed and I wasn't sure if it was a form of advertisement or not but either way its fine and no problems.

Anyhow, here is another image :D

I will have a lot more soon to come as soon as I assemble my new pc! :)

Throw some Torque Thrust on it and I'll have new wallpaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.