3rd gen 'maro probs - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2002, 12:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post 3rd gen 'maro probs

I've had a ton of lil probs here and there, for one the "backhatch" can't be opened cause the motors don't work anymore and it took at least a few months for it to finally close again. Also the uphostlery on the ceiling is really sagging, and worse the ignition and key are getting old and at times it gets jammed and won't even turn. To add on to that the saftey on the trannie broke so it'll shift out of gear while not running. What size/ kinds of rims do you run on ur camaro? I'd like to get some SS rims but I'm sure that'd cost an arm and a leg. I'd also like to find some ground effects for my car, does anyone know a good website to order these from? And last, what kind of wax do you guys use? I have turtle wax, its pretty good but takes forever to get all the smears out of it.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2002, 01:01 PM
All Throttle...No Bottle

Thumbs up

I used to have a 3rd Gen Camaro and there was a catalogue I used to get with nothing but Camaro parts in it...I cant remember what the name of it is but it will come to me and as soon as it does I'll let you know because I'm pretty sure they have a web site. As far as the wax goes...I've tried em all and the best I've found so far is Meguiar's. It seems to come off a lot easier than Turtle Wax. Also never wax in the sun and make sure the surface is cool otherwise it will streak everytime.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:49 PM

I have a `83 Z28.
I also use Meguiar's.........have for as long as I can remeber.
Not sure were you are from, but Toronto Ontario has a place called PARADISE ALLY, nothing but THIRD GEN parts, ground effects, and the like.

My head liner sagged aswell, I have been told that a replacment is not available for a 83...so I did one myself...not to hard or expensive.

As for the web site that HotRodS10 mentioned, it could be this one.
<a href="http://www.nextgenparts.com" target="_blank">http://www.nextgenparts.com</a>

now for the ground effects, my `83 has a `86 front clip, hood, and side skirts. They are all pretty much interchangable. I had no problems.

RIMS...Belive it or not, the 3rd gen fbody will take the same rim size as S10s and S15s. I have a set of 15X8 Eagle alloys on mine. They ARE a truck rim.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:24 PM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:

I like that Turtle wax clear coat wax(or maybe its called polish?).Anyay its a liquid don't get in the cracks and stuff.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:00 PM

Hey thanks for all the info, I'll be sure to check out the side when I get a moment. This is also off the topic but a friend of mine could hook me up w/ a rear end lift kit, I was wondering if it'd be best to go w/ air shocks?

Brandon

P.S I live about 20 minutes north of dayton ohio.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:40 PM

I have heavy duty truck shocks in the rear of my Z28.....I do not like the car to squat when I give it the gas. Makes for a ruff ride, but it hooks up and corners very well.

I HAD air shocks on my Nova (the OLD type that you can fill up at the pump) I hatted them. If you are talking about AIR BAG type shocks....they are quite smooth. But I find that it has a trade off. Not as good in the corners. I like a TIGHT suspension.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:32 PM
All Throttle...No Bottle

Hey CamaroKid....that catalogue I used to get was from Classic Industries. Go to www.classicindustries.com and order the camaro catalogue.

Later,
HRS10

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.