Hot Rod Forum banner

4.3 chev v-6

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  matts37chev 
#1 ·
i am looking for a 4 barrell manifold for a 4.3 chev v-6 circa 1995,also mild cam and roller rockers for same.don't be to hard on me i'm an old timer needing projects.

#3 ·
ratrodrick said:
i am looking for a 4 barrell manifold for a 4.3 chev v-6 circa 1995,also mild cam and roller rockers for same.don't be to hard on me i'm an old timer needing projects.
I don't know if they will consider your post a classified ad or what, but there's a free Classifieds section you can use to look for parts.

The choices are marine intakes (which I know nothing about), the Q-jet OEM cast iron intake (used briefly through '86 when TBI began being used across the board), or a new Edelbrock #2111 (about $290 plus shipping). The Eddy p/n 2114 is for the '96-up Vortec heads, it is a different intake and won't work w/the older style heads.

On eBay the OEM cast iron intakes fetch $100-up (I bought an entire '86 4.3L w/carb, intake, distributor, etc. for less than that, locally). The Edelbrock used on eBay costs considerably more. Holley used to make an aluminum intake for the V6, it gets upwards of $200 when you see one on eBay.

You might luck into an OEM cast iron intake for the 4.3L on craigslist for cheap if they don't know what they're worth. One last option is the OEM aluminum 2 barrel intake like was used on the 200/229 Chevy 90 degree V6. These intakes are relatively cheap and carbs aren't hard to find. It would get you on the road, at least. It uses the Rochester Dualjet carb, shown below.

If you had TBI, you will also need a 4.3L distributor w/vacuum and mechanical advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.