Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4.3 Chevy V6 in a Suzuki Samurai
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy
Thanks Joe. There is a company that sells a kit which uses the 4.3 and 2004R because it is shorter than the 700R4. The Samurai has a divorced transfer case. I just can't find out how they do it. I know I can just shorten the drive shaft between the tranny and t-case but was wondering if there was a better way without going to a 700R4 that came with a t-case.The problem is the vehicle is so short that I can't move the t-case too far back or I will have problems with the rear drive shaft.Like I said once I mount the engine and tranny I can figure it out but if somebody already did it why reinvent the wheel.
If your problem is that you don't want the transfer case too far back, then I'm not sure why you'd stick with a divorced t-case. The 200-4R is about 27.5" long. Obviously, the divorced t-case is behind that. The 4x4 version of the 700R4 is only 23.5" to the mounting face for the t-case if you use an integral one. That would put the t-case 4" forward and avoids any problems with a coupler for the divorced case. If you need it even further forward, the TH350 is another two inches shorter (21.5") to the t-case mounting face.