Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4.3 Chevy V6 in a Suzuki Samurai
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowbilly3
That sounds like a real fun little ride. Those are pretty tough little SUVs. If you have a divorced T-case, you should be able to get the 2 connected somehow. You might actually be able to do it with just one U-joint and the slip yoke in the tranny. Also I was thinking maybe some sort of industrial connector like a Lovejoy. I've never really seen it done but I see big electric motors in the plant I work at and they use them to smoothly transfer way more torque than your 4.3 can make and some of them run 3450 rpms.
I thank you but it has been finished for a while. I used the original transfer case and mated it to the 200 4R with custom parts I made on my lathe. It turned out great and surprises a lot of people when he blows them away on the street. From the outside you can not tell it was converted so they think it is still a little 4 cyl.I have used a lovejoy in a boat with a 3 cyl. Geo Metro engine.It also works great.On the tranny I used the slip yoke with a flange and no u joint mated to the flange on the transfer case.I just lined it up and solid mounted the tranny and T case.