Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4.3 liter top speed
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
@gary1 have you ever seen a astro van at the drag strip hanging the front wheels in the air. They are very common. If your astro van is not stable at 100 mph i would think there is something wrong with it. Maybe it need some attention.

Links were to show potentional when it was suggested the motor is not worth upgrading. The v8 does not work well in the s10 its a little heavy if it has cast heads. So the perferred upgrade is the v6. I see them at the drag strip with cheap turbo kits all the time.

Simple cam and efi reprogram will give a nice boost in performance add in an intake and headers should be able to push that brick hard agaist its top end limit.

I also am not going to tell another grown man how to drive. I can only assume the op has a proper place to test and tune his vehicle i do and so do most people that need to on a regular bases. I leave that up to his own good judgement.
You know what??.Ya missed this"I got ten yrs invested into Astro/Safari vans". Something wrong with my van needing attention??. Do re-frame from talking down to me.Pompous comments like that,your not going to like my replies.

Ya you give me a headache too.Ref's like this:

Naw.

A grown man at 19 yrs old??.Opps you missed that too huh.

READ WHAT IS POSTED WOULD BE A GOOD START FOR YOU!!

And do better than reaching on a shelf for the most recent Hot Rod article or something like it.You obvious don't know much about these 4.3's.

Yeah ten yrs in Astro's all which had 4.3's in them.See it all and done haft of it.