4.3 motor came with my frame I want to swap? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

4.3 motor came with my frame I want to swap?

I have a 1991 S-10, 4x4 chevy rolling chassis, that was fitted w/ a 4.3 motor will any 283, 327 and 350 fit with the exact same engine mounts? TIA, Dana

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 11:46 PM

Last journal entry: 351W rebuild
Last photo:

Hi,
Yes, but read the link
Rich
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Par...entMounts.html
The stock S10 4.3 V6 engine mounts use large, soft rubber isolators to reduce engine vibrations that go into the cab of the S10 trucks. The soft rubber isolators are not well suited for performance applications because they allow too much engine movement, which can lead to problems with headers contacting the frame and the steering shaft, as well as axle hop problems.

Because the stock 4.3 V6 mounts are made from rubber bonded to steel, the mounts often fail, with the rubber tearing away from the steel, and allowing the engine to contact the hood. The fan can also contact the fan shroud, damaging the fan and shroud.

Stealth Conversion's high-performance 4.3 V6 mount assembly uses a Chevrolet 2.8 V6 S-10 replacement mount (part # S10-106), and the JTR 2.8 to 4.3 V6 conversion mount (part # S10-109).

The mount assembly is stiffer than the stock S10 4.3 V6 mounts, but is soft enough to be used on street driven vehicles without transmitting excessive noise and vibration into the truck. The 2.8 V6 replacement mount has the rubber surrounded by steel. This mount is the most common mount to use in the S-10 V8 swap -- it has proven itself to be strong enough for even the most powerful V8ís, yet compliant enough to prevent noise and vibration from entering the cab.

This kit will bolt directly into most S-10 trucks and Blazers with the 4.3 V6, using the original mounting holes on the S-10 frame, and on the 4.3 V6 engine. Note: This kit will not work on ZR2 trucks, and neither will the mounts.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 AM

Last photo:

Will fit the engine/chassis with adapter plate. Oil pan will be a problem on some applications.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 AM
ASE Master Tech, Fabricator

Last wiki edit: Taurus 2-speed fan control wiring diagram Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Those JTR/2.8 mount adapters look like something a kid in a welding class dreamed up as a class project. They aren't very strong, and DON'T work with long tube headers. Take a look at the TransDapt P/N 4689, same as the old Hooker V8 mount adapters. They use a standard V8 style frame mount, and regular old V8 motor mount shells. IMHO (as a V8 S10 guru, ), a MUCH better mounting system,
If you'd prefer to make your own, shoot me a P/M with your email addy, and I'll send you a pair of templates made from the very first Hooker mount adapters I used, back in '85. They are in .pdf format, so they will print the perfect size on any printer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rickracer For This Useful Post:
drkustomz (02-10-2014)

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.