Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4.3L chevy doesnt run right after frozen radiator etc,
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:51 AM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

yeah im not sure what happened that his employee had to use pure water, but apparently something blew while he was on the route in springfield and its in the middle of the night, and so.....

oil has no moisture in it, no foaming or anything else in it also.

does smell like fuel some, but its flooded, so no wonder..

i cant seem to get much slop from the timing chain no

and the distributor shaft is actually good and tight, it apears the distributor is not original and is probably a reman unit

he bought the van years ago for like 300 bucks because it needed a fuel pump at the time

he will run it til it wont run again

if its something major wrong internally then he wont spend on it i know

he called me wanting me to check it out because he doesnt know anyone else and i can use this to score me some brownie points anyways..

because i need the work and the $ and this help things along and i can get to work for him full time.

i wanted to check compression on all the cylinders but OMG there is no room to be doing that on these vans.

the plugs are soaking wet flooded, so gotta replace them anyways,, and then see if she fires up

it should.

the oil in the fan shroud was so interesting it stood out in my mind,, its just oen of those things hmmm.,.,

its easy to say just junk it and buy another one, but its not,

he needs the van again ASAP

1/4 of his cleaning equipment is in this van,

i know it will run again with new plugs, just dont know how well.,

thanks

Last edited by fast68; 02-20-2010 at 02:57 AM.