Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4.3L chevy doesnt run right after frozen radiator etc,
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 05:35 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

sqeeze box all you had to do was hold the pedal to the floor as the computer has a clear flood program built in that allows you to unflood the motor while crankin when you do this ... just keep it filed for next time ..

as eating caps and rotors means cheap caps and rotors and old wires ( high resistance and voltage leaks ) , nothing works good as AC delco stuff I found ( except napas good stuff $$$ )
the spark should be blue ,not white and should snap ,not pop ( sign of a dieing coil , and always gap the plugs yourself , do not rely on the old therory that they are pregapped from the factory alot happens in transit and the factory is now in mexico and they can be short gapped ! which can cause timing issues , as for the ground wires being cut , your computer probably went into limp home mode and needs to be lobotimized ( disconnect positive cable from battery for 30 minutes) to reboot and clear codes , do this AFTER you get it up and running from the tune up, then take it for a drive down the street , as waiting for that 4.3 to die well I hate to tell you the body of that astro will rot out long before that thing dies , the only way I know how to kill them is to run them without oil or water , and you still have the chance of it living thru that ! they are a little workhorse ..