Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4.3L chevy doesnt run right after frozen radiator etc,
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:01 AM
My pipes are my music

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey stimpy, That's what I thought but not in my case. I tried that several times in 30 min to no avail. After stressing for that long (on the way to work 41 mi away) I was ready to try anything because what I was doing, wasn't working!
I tried flooring it, no start.
Tried not touching it, no start.
Tried starting fluid, no start.

It wasn't till after I disconnected the injectors that it fired till it ran out of gas. I re-connected them and cranked it without touching the gas and it started an ran ok. I think the 88 f-bird computer was goofy as I was starting to have issues with electronic's before I sold it. Automatic lock-up on the tranny quit working but I got around that with a manual switch. The speed limiter quit as the car would run up to 135 mph in 4th gear un-locked. Gauges would just quit working while driving and sometimes not at all after start up.
And a host of other problems I can't remember. I was glad to get rid of it even though it still looked good body wise. I sold it for 200 bucks for parts and it's still sitting in the guy's back yard and hasn't run since.