Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is the 4.3V6 TV cable bracket same as V8
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy1
The bracket bolts down right, but the bracket may be wrong. It's a GM cable for the S10, I think its the right cable for the trans. It might the arm on the Qjet. It came on a '67 chevy 327. I was wondering if the arm on the Qjet could be different from the later Qjets causing the problem. I wanted to stay with a GM bracket, but I may have to go after-market.

I will check with the parts stores and see if the brackets are different, and also see if the arms on the carbs are different. Thanks
OLD Q-jet carbs are not configured to function with a TV cable of the 700r4 trans. Q-jets came with a multitude of different style arms

What is the problem? The inner TV cable too long ? The cable is not pulled or the inner cable does not reach the carb ?

IF the inner cable is too long take up the slack with something. Some folks use lead fishing weights, OR find a small screw type cable clamp like used on 10 speed bikes shift cables or the brake cables.