Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is the 4.3V6 TV cable bracket same as V8
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Global Moderator
Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris Front suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Originally Posted by grumpy1
The bracket bolts down right, but the bracket may be wrong. It's a GM cable for the S10, I think its the right cable for the trans. It might the arm on the Qjet. It came on a '67 chevy 327. I was wondering if the arm on the Qjet could be different from the later Qjets causing the problem. I wanted to stay with a GM bracket, but I may have to go after-market.

I will check with the parts stores and see if the brackets are different, and also see if the arms on the carbs are different. Thanks
OLD Q-jet carbs are not configured to function with a TV cable of the 700r4 trans. Q-jets came with a multitude of different style arms

What is the problem? The inner TV cable too long ? The cable is not pulled or the inner cable does not reach the carb ?

IF the inner cable is too long take up the slack with something. Some folks use lead fishing weights, OR find a small screw type cable clamp like used on 10 speed bikes shift cables or the brake cables.

Dont worry how old you are... it is the mileage on your body that adds up.