Hot Rod Forum banner

4.5 bolt pattern for a '71 duster

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  My-first-rat 
#1 ·
Hi,please advice,is there someone who knows of a company that sells mopar A body front hubs with a 4.5 bolt pattern.I'm stucked because I send mine to be redrilled with the 4.5 pattern to a bad machine shop and one of them is off the center and with the rotor cracked because of the new holes were too tight also!?The new rotors/discs are not a problem but the hubs are because I didn't found new ones.I'm thinking of making them new from duraluminum32 aluminum available here,of course in other shop.

#2 ·
Hello Mopar in Peru! Greetings from Mopar in Brasil! Yes this 4" bolt pattern is a pain sometimes.Very limited choice of wheels.The Dodges built here in Brasil are worse,they used an old Simca bolt pattern that matches nothing...

What we do here to swap to 4,5" pattern is to substitute the complete disc + hub front unit for some from other make like Ford.Sometimes even the bearings are similar.In the back we redrill the flanges and drums.Some guys prefer to go with right hand threads all around.

Now if your Duster is original it still has front drums.Then I guess you could redrill all 4.By the way I know of only one Duster in Brasil.It belongs to a friend here.It is a '70 model with a 318.

Paulo

#3 ·
4.5 bolt pattern for 71 duster

Hello Paulo,hello mopar neighbor,here in Lima there are only two or four in good shape and this one we are swaping a 383 B engine/727 tranny/ 8 3/4 rear end with 4.10suregrip combo for drag racing,by the way very incipient yet in Peru.But is a nice project almost done but for the front hubs is a pain you know were,jajaja.About the ford discs/hubs you're talking about a single piece unit non a two piece one like the mopar?.Well I found a couple of models and the spindle is too short for it in one case an is offset of the original four piston caliper of the car,that I dont want to swap because I already invested around $100 in repair them,but the fix goes in that way I think....I hope!By the way thank you very much for the advise and in wich state in Brazil do you live because I'm planning to go to Sao Paulo to visit a friend and see the F1 grand prix.

#4 ·
OK Mopar neighbor.Well,if older Mopars are available in Peru you could swap a complete system from a '73 and up car which is already a 4,5" size.These imported Mopars are very rare here in Brasil. Maybe the car you got the 383 from... A friend here has done such a conversion.Headers are a pain in the you know where.Unless you get the fenderwels type and cut the bay...

I am in Rio de Janeiro,4 hours driving from SP.You are welcome to spend a day here.Let me know.

#5 ·
4.5 bolt pattern for 71 duster

Hello thank you for the advice,I already solve he problem,I send fabricate two new rotors and found a pair of hubs from an early ford with the 4.5 pattern....but they use thicker neck bolts and because of the weld racing wheels the car has,I also need longer bolts so I have to redrill the hubs with the pattern and smaller holes for 3 inch bolts....but now its done.About my trip to Sao Paulo,I'll do it in november I guess because I have a newborn child coming and can't move til that days,so I'll not go to see the F1 ,I'll go to see DRAG RACING!much better!thank you bye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.