Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4.6 in 55 fairlane
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 02:46 AM
aka Duke of URL

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8louzn

Do you know who sells these?

I have seen them for a 99-up dohc.
Not at the moment. I haven't the money to get involved with the modulars so I haven't really been keeping up with the technology. But I can do a little searching if you want to convert. Personally, if you have the PCM, harness and trans, I would stay with the FI.

Quote:
Also you would not do the fatman front end?

I wanted to convert to discs and thought that would be the best way and give some room for the new motor.
I wouldn't as there would be no real benefit other than the rack, and there are kits for the basic FORD suspension for that. If you want disc, do the GRANADA swap (FATMAN will machine your GRANADA spindles for eighty bucks for a straight bolt-in). The MUST II swap will either give you a choice of 9" rotors (MUST II) or a GRANADA rotor upgrade (11") but then you either have to fabricate custom bracket(s) for a FORD caliper or use a jiffy kit for {{{shudder}}} a GM caliper.

I will do some searching today for a swap kit. I believe I have seen one offered.