Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4 of 8 cylinders working on sbc350
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I had the same problem with a 396. Chevy engines are numbered "1-3-5-7" on drivers side and "2-4-6-8" on pass side. On a dual plane intake if you follow the air intake runners, 1,4,6,7 use half of the carb and 2,3,5,8 use the other half. I pulled the Holley carb and found junk in one of the metering blocks. Rebuilt carb, fired her up and had all cylinders running about the same temp. I used a infrared temp gun on the header pipe at the head.I you don't have a IF gun, take a water bottle cap of water and dump it on the header tube, if it boils off fast that cyl in working, if it kinda runs off that cyl is not working. This will work on cast manifold as well but not so evident. Yesterday a 350 had a intermittent miss, found one cylinder cold replaced wire no more miss. These infrared temp guns are great. I would look into it might have to return that "rebuilt" carb for another try.Just something else to think about. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to sirron For This Useful Post:
Phat Juan (01-02-2013)