Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - from 4 door sedan to 2 door coupe.. torch time..!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:11 PM
From the middle of the world

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

from 4 door sedan to 2 door coupe.. torch time..!!!

ok the search is over, no more looking around, definitely no 2 door antique cars are left around here anymore, I have this '46 4 door chevy fleetmaster sedan that I decided to convert to a 2 door coupe, done some homework and found that both have the same wheelbase and share most of the parts, the torch will be needed only on the rear quarters, doors, top, trunk, etc. I'm willing to take the challenge, I have no plans or measurments, so for sure will not have the exact measurments but nobody will know that anyway so I don't care, I'm just after the coupe look, and maybe will chop the top a couple of inches while the torch is lit. LOTS of work coming up for shure but that's part of the fun, this is what hotrodding is about anyway, isn't it?

A buddy is pretty interested in doing the same thing to his '64 chevy II, so if I succeed, I'll have plenty of work coming up.

If anyone has done this before will you share your experience? no matter what car you've done, most are about the same.

or if someone by chance happens to have plans or measurements of the 2 door body '46 chevy, you'll be my best friend forever.

cheers, from the middle of the world.

Augusto.