Hot Rod Forum banner

4 inch hole grommet

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  eloc431962 
#1 ·
Hi, I have two 4 inch holes I run my wires with plugends through the sheet metal. I am looking for a one piece grommet to keep the the wires from rubbing. Do any of you know where I can get a couple......? J-ree

#9 ·
"You did realize the OP is talking about 4 inch holes didn't you ? I wish he would post back and show us what he used" .

You do realize that vacumn hose carefully split down one side, will fit a hole of any size........ OP stated he didn't want the wires to rub.... not plug the hole.

#10 ·
Yes i know you can split a vaccum hose down and use it to protect the wires :rolleyes: what i showed the OP was not going to fill the hole just protect the wires as he stated. and besides that a split vaccum hose will not fit any size hole i would have to see that to believe it:eek:, all a split hose will do is if you wrap the wires in it then it will protect from rubbing the wires.:rolleyes:

Cole
:pimp:

#11 ·
I've used split hose MANY times with great success on holes from 1/2" up to 6" (6" is the biggest I've ever used as a gromet).

As you have never seen it before, you simply split a length of hose the approx dia of the hole..... pick a point and press the split hose over thr edge of the metal and work your away around the hole till you reach the other end and cut to fit. Sometimes if it won't stay on a dab of RTV sealant will keep it attached.

It also works very well protecting sharp edges on cut off oil drums. 3/4 " heater hose works very well to keep trash bags attached to the top of 35 gal barrels, bag inside folded over the top and use the split hose to clamp it to the top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.