Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4 link subframe install
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 08:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

4 link subframe install

hey all, i have a couple of questions ......

i have a 79 nova and it doesnt have the best clearance for tires and while im in the middle of restoring (and upgrading) it i was wondering if a do it myself kinda guy would be able to install a subframe with a lincoln electric pro mig 140, a flat concrete garage floor and an already welded up subframe from chassis engineering? (the emphsis in on the mig welder, is it good enough to weld the new subrame to the existing subframe?). and does anybody know of any links to subframe installation? i found one where the guy used plumb bobs and assorted home-type equipment to locate, triangulate and center everything before tacking the subframe and roll cage into place.

also, i see that most everybody uses ford 9" rearends in these setups, i have a 12 bolt with 4.88s from a wrecked 68 camaro that would obviously need to be cut down and have the 4 link brackets welded to it and what not...... wouldnt it be better to sell the 12 bolt and get a 9" ford already cut to size? thanks, mung