Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4-link suspension design
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 01:00 PM

Last journal entry: Left Concave Rocker
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yes, I did too make a mistake, thanks for the reposting of my URL. Also thank you for your encouraging comments.

The tri-angulated 4 link on my project is parallal and straight. There's plenty of adjustment there when the time comes to get the pinion angle right. The rearend at this point is held in that position by welded bars which I'm going to cut off and remedy soon with a couple strut bars where the air bags mount. I'll also make a couple strut arms for the front so the car can be pushed around the shop. I've put away the air bags until the car is in it's final assembly. I don't want to burn or punch a hole in them. The frame is not totally finished yet as I still have a driveshaft loop to weld in the rear crossmember as well as cross bracing that member for strength. The front bags still have the upper mounts to be welded on. It's my first attempt at building a frame and I think I've done ok. I did get help from a buddy who builds race cars. I took plenty of time to think it through and to take lots of measurements from my old frame.

Still have a long road ahead before it's finished.