Hot Rod Forum banner

'40 Hudson

14K views 154 replies 15 participants last post by  35terraplane 
#1 ·
Trying to fined a car to make into a rod found a '40 Hudson for $900 just wondering if thats a good deal thanks

this site has helped me avoid a bad buy a 29 Chevy that had alot of dry rot in it.

#153 ·
[QUOTE='29chevy]im really am looking for a car and if my dad wont let me store it here my mothers parents have a property in parry sound were i can store it. I have been researching before the pre 50s cars i was looking at muscle cars but i like the shape,style, and all the chrome on these 50s and pre50s cars :cool:[/QUOTE]

8 g's won't get you there. :(

#154 ·
40 hudson

MARTINSR said:
I can't make it clear enough, I want to support youth in this hobby. And on another note, you SHOULDN'T be giving out a lot of info on where you live or any other personal info about yourself.

I just have to wonder if you are dreaming too much. Let's cut to the chase, are you REALLY going to be buying a car? Is your dad going to let you? His comments about the Merc make no sense what so ever! That was a fine car and ANY car 50 years old is going to be a ton of work and NONE of them are particularly more "troublesome" than another in regards to make or model.

A 1949 Merc was not one bit different than the Hudson, a Chevy or any other car made at the time so it makes no sense to knock it. I have to wonder if he will just shoot down everything you would want and you are simply dreaming right now.

Which if that is the case, fine, we can all use a little dreaming. But don't just "dream", STUDY and learn a little about these cars and the differences and what to look for in a good or bad one so YOU will be able to do something about your dreams when you get a chance.

Brian
Sorry I'm so late, as you might have noticed I didn't make that post until around 4am. I have been wondering about it since 86GMC ask how far south 29 was from him and he said you must of thought I said Port Severn I'm from Fort Severn. Well I have spent many weeks up in mostly ONT. And Manitoba. And as far as I knew you can't drive there. Then to keep coming up with all those cars after pugsy said cars where hard to find in the north country. I knew they were in the western part, but not east. I have been thinking about this for sometime, what angle his he playing. when I looked up Fort Severn it was Fort Severn 89, 89 meaning reserve Not that it makes any difference, it is also called First Nation. I thought long and hard about ripping into this kid, I surly didn't want to offend the Native Americans. We have many around here, I like to go talk with the elders, a person can learn alot. One thing I do know, many are very poor, When you go into their little towns both here and up there, they do have old cars up there and like tech says they are swiss cheese, but not from rust but bullets.
29 chevy you played a lot of people here, when you could of had street rodders from Canada and the USA helping you, with any help you might have needed, on any part of a car. I think you are like Brian said a dreamer, that's not all bad, I think all of us as rodders are dreamers, we get a car in our head that we would like keep it there until if we are Lucky, we get to build it. But one thing we don't do is play other people with our dreams. We might tell people close to us or even people we don't know about our dreams, as far as saying you sure would like to build whatever, and that you can see it in your head. Street rodders won't think your crazy we have all been there.
We are here for a reason, some just to read the post and learn, some like me I will jump in with both feet, but one thing I will do is read the posts before me before I jump.
You young man have lost the trust of the people that were willing to give you a hand, now your job is to win it back. I agree with Brian, one of your 1st jobs is to get your father to understand what a street rod is, if you can't tell us we or I will Tell him. Like Brian said, if any of these cars were meant to fall apart then we would not be talking about them we would be telling each other what kind of flowers grow best in are Temp. Zone. It up to you which way you want to go, we like to see Young people in this hobby because we would like to see the old cars stay alive.

Bob Sorry for the long rant guys

#155 ·
40 hudson

123pugsy said:
8 g's won't get you there. :(
Pugsy You are right 8 gs won't get him there, but he doesn't have to be there by SAT. He said he likes the older cars, then he will just have to get a car, do what he can and make more money, That's where the dreaming comes in. :mwink: IMO I think he should get a Model A parts are still not to high, you can find parts on line, the cars are still around, and they don't look bad when they are done, One thing I wouldn't get is a oddball, you can run into parts problems if you need body parts. $8000.00 won't build much of anything, but at 17 he sure is on the long end of the tape. :thumbup:

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.