Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 400 +.030 SBC estimated hp/tq.
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Mike S.

Wiki Edits: 0

400 +.030 SBC estimated hp/tq.

...I have a 400 Chevy small block installed in the engine room of a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker...it has a TH350 with a stock converter behind it...I haven't run the engine yet because I still have to do a few things like install the Griffin aluminum radiator and the ignition wires...when I get it started the cam will have to be broken in first...my question is this...how much horsepower and ft./lb. of torque will this engine make?...here's a rundown of what I have...the engine is a professionally remanufactured unit with a .030" overbore and stock type pistons...the camshaft I specified when talking to the rebuilder is a low-mid range stump puller torquer....the heads have stock 1.94" intakes and stock exhaust valves...all new....new pushrods and rockers and lifters complete the package...the compression ratio is stock...I'm guessing 8.5:1....I'm using the ram's horn cast iron exhaust manifolds...the intake is an Edelbrock Performer, topped with an adapter and a Holley 500CFM two barrel carb on top...the ignition is a 1963 Chevy 283 points style unit...I have 2" diameter pipes from the ram's horns going into turbo mufflers and 2" tailpipes....so what do you guys think ?...the Chrysler is a 4,000lb. car and it's a cool cruiser....any guess as to hp and torque numbers?