Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 400 pontiac and 400 chevy?are they the same?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 06:15 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Well!

i have access to almost any thing but a 442 and (cheap) pontiac parts but price isnt a big deal considering this build is going to take about 15 more months and as far as the trannys i dont want a automatic, for some reason they just dont last around here,i have a 700R4 but it needs new power bands or cluches. But i also found a borg-warner 5 spd out of an lt-1 camaro but ive never heard any thing on those. back on engines i do know were a 455 rocket is in south east texas but i dont know how much he would want for it or if he still has the heads. but i have the pontiac block in the shop now with a .010 turned crank,a full set of rods that i might not use and the pistons are not to appealing. they pop up about an 1/8 of an inch but they have about an 1/8 inch space around the pop up part and valve reliefs, i guess there just some kind of stock pistons ohh just remeberd the 400 is out of a 78 pontiac t/a and it has XX stamped on the passenger side back of the block and X's stamped in various other places.