Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 403 olds again
Thread: 403 olds again
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:17 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I'm not "picking a fight" with ANYONE, "Daddy"... and I'm hardly a "noob". I am a 35-year ASE Master engine builder. The posts I make, when qualified as an "opinion" are just that. If not qualified as such, you can "bet" on it. The factory service manuals for most engines indicate 12/12, including Oldsmobile.

It has been my experience, it's EASIER to "get it wrong" when the dots are closer together than when separated. "Angle of deflection" comes into "play".

As stated earlier, the "right" way to do it is to "degree" the cam. NOT an opinion.

I have no doubt cobalt327 knows what he's talking about. It is not my intent to "show him up" or claim him "wrong". It IS my intent, to explain how things are done in the "engine building world". Many, many procedures we use are either ommitted or done in the wrong "order", when reading many posts. This is a particular area of expertise, outside the "scope" of a line tech (I was one of those when a younger man, "heavy line", "front-end and brakes", GM and Ford dealers). I just offer information. No ego involved here.

PAX

Jim