Hot Rod Forum banner

403 Oldsmobile chipped(pics)

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  48ChryslerRodder 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#6 ·
J B weld and paint can be your freinds at times , it would be costly if they where to Ni rod it ( seen it done on a engine in service and you have to use alot of propane to preheat the block ) otherwise you have to tear the motor down and have them peheat in a oven then weld then machine and then put it back together , withthe Jb rough the area up a little and clean the iron with a weak acid solution and rinse to get a better grip ad let it sit for 2 days before taping the hole ,and don't do what my brother did and put the bolt inthere trying to cheat not having to tap it , I feel sorry for the guy who has to try to take the water pump off that windsor block when it goes bad . I couldn't loosen it with a 4 foot cheater .

#8 ·
A bolt too long being bottomed would cause that, if its a dry hole (looks like it is) I wouldn't worry about it. If you are really worried about looks, a little crazy glue goes a long way. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.