Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 406 critique my combo please!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 06:30 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

406 critique my combo please!!!

400 block bored 30 over
2 bolt main ARP studs
Eagle 4340 forged crank
6'' H-beam rods
Cam specs .600 255@50 and /.620 262@50 110 Howards Solid Roller
Canfield cylinder heads 2.08 intake valve 1.60 exhaust valve intake port volume 220 chamber size 65 CNC'd
Head studs
weind team g 1inch taller intake with sportsman fogger (intake not ported)
approx 11.4.1 compression
harland sharp 1.5Roller rockers
Proform 950 double pumper

On a desktop dyno how would the Hp/Tq numbers look?

I was thinking about changing the motor up a bit. Just wondering what this block can handle...I have no quams about pushing it to its limit. I hope it doesnt either

If anyone wants to play around with bigger cams and more compression feel free to do so and tell me the results Just curious about what HP im at now..and what I could be at with more cam and compression?

If I dont just change it up a little..I'm going to change it up alot. 1 Option was to Procharge it with an F1R. All priced out I would have to spend another 6k or so (cost of blower,fuel system etc. and changing up my motor to be blower friendly) and thats not even with an intercooler.

Next was to change the motor up some and go 18 degree. This I really wanted to do!

Last but not least is roots blower. 6-71? 8-71? Not sure which would work best? I just want the most HP.

If I decide not to change motor at all I'm going to go bigblock. But I would have to sell the 406 1st and its become a challenge thus far so I might have to work with what I have.

I would like to know..what would YOU do with this motor and dont say leave it alone..Pick something..be it supercharger/which one and why? More cam/compression/head work on canfields Or switch to 18 degree..roots blower..turbo..w/e just want to see what others would do?

Guesstimate price range for parts to change setup.

Thoughts? Feel Free to critisize!!

Thanks for reading! Replys will be much appreciated!