Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 406 critique my combo please!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 02:11 PM
489 Lemans

Last journal entry: Street Legal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

no one's bashing him because of his age

No one is age bashing here. I am BS bashing. There are lots of young guys on this board who are legit.

I built my first 302 Ford at 13 yrs old.
I built my first 340 Wedge at 15 yrs old.
I built my first 327 Chev at 17 yrs old.
I built my first 1200 Harley at 18 yrs old.
But not one of them was a $10,000 motor with a $6000 blower.

His posting is full of indiscrepancies. Ktaves1971 agrees. It says "I" then "we". Refers to a mega dollar engine like its free. Flippantly refers to $6 grand. Doesn't care that all this hard work might go up in smoke. He just wants to run it to its limit. All of this from a part time worker. Give me a break.

He has SRP flat top pistons with a Canfield 65 cc head at 11.4 to 1 compression with a 2 bolt main and he wants to fire a blower on board. Give me a break.

While your at it check Holleys website. That motor with 13.1 comp only needs an 800 dbl pumper. Here is a guy who cnc'd a head and and couldn't figure out or find out his carb is too big.

He ran a 4.56 with a short gear. Ran a 4.56 where? Not even on an 1/8th mile would that combo accomplish that.

If it looks like BS.
Smells like BS.
Steams like BS.
It must be....true?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bracketeer; 02-13-2005 at 02:39 PM.