Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 406 small block review
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

bringing this thread back because i have another question. I have settled on the skip white rotating assembly, i wanted internal balance but for the build this is going to be its not worth it to shell out the extra money. So this is the kit SBC Chevy Scat 406 Forged Rotating Assembly ft 30 4 155 Bore | eBay

As i was thinking about i think i will use a .039" head gasket and the piston will be about .010" in the hole, and typing that all in to a static compression calc, i got about 10.37:1 which as far as i know should run on 93 octane....

Lastly, for my dynamic balance i am trying to find a cam that will be mild and not cause any issues..
This is the one i have selected thus far: 12-246-3 - XTREME Energy

That cam gives me 8.34:1 dynamic compression...

I have aluminum heads, ive heard that plays into the picture...

Any suggestions? I dont wanna have any detonation problems, am i too close to the line? And will i be able to advance it or will i have to play with the timing to get rid of spark ping?

Edit: also if someone doesnt mind could they run my numbers through a compression calc and verify im doing it right? 4.155" bore, 3.75" stroke, 64cc heads, 14cc dished pistons, .010" deck clearance, .039" gasket (unsure of bore yet so estimate), 6" rods

Last edited by Wage92; 01-21-2013 at 07:24 PM.