I have a 1941 Ford tudor sedan body and I wast to build a truck
body out or it by adding the back section of an early Ford truck
to it! Has any one in this group done this build before? (See
sample photo)

Thanks, KJ! :thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
first , the 41 is nowhere close to the 46-48 so going by that pic wont help . the pic is a 46-48 with a 46-53 bed and cab back half. not really as bad as mating a 41 sedan to a 39-41 truck. but you do need to stay in the same family group. 41 sedan is narrower than a 46 . look for a 38-41 truck cab .

#7 ·
Have I missed something here for decades? I have always thought the 41-48 Ford body was accentually the same with only the front sheetmetal being different. Am I wrong here? I believe you can bolt the trunk lids, doors and front sheetmetal from any 41-48 body.

Brian

#8 ·
And on that note, I can't imagine cutting up a 41 two door sedan body to make a pickup. That car was so beautiful, why not build it as a 41 Sedan?

Brian

#9 ·
47 truck body is the same as 40 . 48 truck is much wider.
40 ford - full running board and different body . 41 - half board , 42 no boards exposed. pretty much the difference on them but trucks are different .

#10 ·
I am pretty sure the 41-48 car bodies are accentually the same. The running boards are different, but the body it's self is the same, basically. I am sure there are some of those odd little things but the body parts interchange I believe. The truck cabs are the same as you mentioned 40-47 but the car bodies are from 41-48 the same.

The running boards are what is different, but the body is the same, right?

Brian

#11 ·
your correct brian , had truck on the brain. have 2 of them here right now. the 41 doors will mount but the 41-42 had that weird window chrome and a different dash. never tried to change out guts in the doors so couldn't say if the track would fit or not.

#12 ·
I have always dug the looks of the 41 especially as a custom. And yes they did a damn good job with chrome (stainless) to make each year look different. I still forget the differences between 46-47-48 but the chrome does it all. :D

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.