41 Ford 2door sedan - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

41 Ford 2door sedan

I am getting ready to start on my 41 tudor sedan.

It will be getting a 97model 4.6 and 4r70w.
The drive train and anything I can reuse will come from the 97 lincoln town car that I have procured already.
My main problem is the ford track width is 57" while the lincoln has a width of 64" so I am not thinking the rear end is going to work without needing to be narrowed. I was hoping to use it as it has rear disk brakes.

I was actually thinking about an attempt to reuse the front suspension but there again the track width is going to be just too wide.

So I am stuck wondering if there is anything other than a mII front that is an option for this.I am afraid that there is not much else out there.
Once I get both of these cars next to each other and do some more measuring maybe I will be surprised but I am not thinking the lincoln stuff will work.
Any suggesions or opinions would be appreciated!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

We built a 41 Business Coupe and installed the OEM M II front end. This required a pretty healthy frame rail modification since the M II is ideally suited for the 35-40 frame width. The 41 frame is about 2.5 inches wider. We used a mid 80s GM rear (Monte/Camaro/TA) rear. The Big Lincoln front and rear will have to be narrowed in order to work and in my opinion is not worth going there. The smaller Lincoln Versilles (never could spell words with funny pronunciation) will work, but they are hard to come by. An interesting use of a 95/96 Big Ford LTD front end under a 63 Ford Pickup is being built by a friend of mine. I will get some dimensions of his frame to see if it might work under your 41. My impression is the track may be too wide, but deep wheel back spacing may work. Hugh brakes may not allow that, however.

Trees.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Last photo:

Actually the 41 was narrower than the 40 was and longer wheelbase.That is the reason frame manufacturers do not support it.It is an orphan! I love how I always wind up with the well...you bought the non standard car! OH well.I will overcome in the eng.Actually chassis engineering sells a kit I have found that bolts to the stock frame specifically for this car.NOT sure I want to do it.Seems too easy.I have a 9" that I can get narrowed.Or may get the 8.8 narrowed so I can use the rear disk.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:55 PM

Last photo:

Well guys.I have pretty much decided to do a drop axel and disk conversion.
I think I am just going to do rear leaves and modern rear end.wish me luck

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.