Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 427 BBC tuning help
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

the only thing im worried about is if i put too much timing, would that hurt the engine any? i know not to let it detonate but he said he wouldnt run any more than 36 on it at the shop... maybe hes just a worry wart? lol

also, is there any easy way to tell if its detonating if you cant hear it? my exhuast is really loud and i do well to hear myself talk when its running lol

should i just hook my vacuum guage up and set the timing to where it has the most vacuum?

i did notice on the dyno that it picked up alot of power as we advanced the timing, i think something like 20 horse per every 2 degrees , we hit the 530 mark when we advanced it to 36 but he got worried about advancing it too far after that and didnt go any further, whats up with that? lol

its all forged internals with a good balance job and clevite main and rod bearings with durabond cam bearings , eagle h beam rods and the srp pistons are forged , as well as the gm forged crank that came in the TD...i thought it sounded pretty tough ? lol

i have the limiter set to 6500 RPM , does that sound a little high?

i really do apologize for all these questions im just totally new to all this aftermarket stuff and im looking for input, dont wanna blow a 10,000 dollar engine lol

thanks again for the replies everyone

Last edited by b00tz; 01-07-2012 at 08:46 PM.