Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 427 BBC tuning help
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

hey guys thanks for the advice , unfortunately changing intakes is out of the question right now. and i dont want to change my gears because its a road truck also. if i need more power i can always drop the transfer case to the low side which over cuts my ratios in half (1.00 high side , 2.61, low side)

in first gear on the trans ( not jumbo low , but first which is 16.32 : 1 ) i have absolutely zero trouble ripping the bark off the tires, so in theory i should be able to start off in 3rd or 4th gear in 4 lo , 3rd being a 20.2 : 1 ratio and 4th being 11.9 : 1 ) time will tell i guess. lol

i hit the engine with the vacuum guage and timing light today and it made the most vacuum at 24 degrees inital advance, only problem is my distrubutor ( MSD streetfire 8362 ) comes with 20 * mechanical advance, i tried to go for the happy medium and set it to 20 * initial which gives me 40 total, does anyone think this sounds a bit much? like i said i really cant tell if its detonating or not with the exhaust and all... it sounds alot more responsive though and seems to turn up alot better.

454c10 : it says on the receipt the exhaust valves are ferrea inconel 1.8 exhaust valves , and manley 2.19 intake valves

as always thanks for any advice in advance , my budgets pretty limited atm so just trying to tweak this as best i can with what ive got! lol