Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 427 BBC tuning help
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom10
So after all this where are we today then, how is the idle now?

Do you have a bogger you call a road truck or a road truck you call a bogger? You could lock the timing at 38 and do your WOT mud pulls and call it a day if its a competition truck.

If you have dual purpose truck then power time it to 38 Deg BTDC @ 4000RPM. Go to idle, adjust idle/carb mixture for max vacuum. Note the base timing, add vacuum advance to manifold vac, re adjust carb.
its an all around offroad truck thats road legal, we'll say.

if i want to get out for a romp on the trail and take er up the hills to my favourite fishing hole thats 40 miles back in the woods, i can.
if theres some trees in my way that need to be politely asked to clear the **** out, the pushbar takes care of that quite nicely
if i want to rip up some mud on the pipeline, she does a pretty good job of that too
and last but not least if i just feel like screwin around on the dirt road goin sideways around any corner i can find, well shes quite perfect for that too
i like to be able to do all this but still take it on the road for when we get those two foot snowfalls, or just feel like drivin my big *** truck through town. lol

i dont do mud drags or competition, the most competion it sees is our local mud runs through the woods once a year and thats just an excuse for us all to get together drink some beers and have some fun haha

ive tried setting it to 38 total and using my vacuum advance to make up the difference, yes i have to adjustable can, just couldnt quite get it working right. im currently not running any vacuum advance.

as 454c10 says i think ill try it with 20 base 40 total, it seems to be pretty good so far was just looking for a second opinion