Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 429 Air Cleaner-- Original?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

429 Air Cleaner-- Original?

Hi all,
I just bought a parts car for $1300. I knew it was a great deal when i bought it, the guy had to move the next day and he was desperate to get rid of it. 69 coupe in good condition with lots of new parts still in box. I got a driveshaft, 351w block and crank, clutch, toploader, c4 with 2 bellhousings, all the original parts, plus all of the parts to convert it to a manual. He also had the pedal assembly sent off to be refurbished, he said that was $500.

Anyways...

Then, i found a 429 air cleaner. The car had 351 in it, and he built a 289 for it, and he had a 302 at some point... but he never mentioned a 429.
It's not in perfect condition, it has some small scratches and surface rust in those scratches. The 429-4v sticker is a little faded, but overall the blue paint is still in pretty good condition.
I assumed since the 429 was so rare, that if it's original it's worth something. Does anybody have any idea what it may be worth, or how i can tell if it's original?

Thanks,
Travis