Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 43430 or 90977 spray gun?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have used the 43430 extensively (I like it! ) and for sure that compressor is go to be border line. It can be used but it definitely takes planing ahead to prevent running out of air at the wrong time. For instance you would need to allow the compressor to build up to shut-off before starting a large area on a car or truck otherwise the pressure may drop and leave you with a choice of either trying to continue with not enough air or take a chance on the paint flashing while waiting on the air to build up. The 43430 definitely is an air hog and it needs high flow fittings to deliver that volume no matter how big the compressor. I too have been wondering about that other gun you mentioned and I was watching this thread hoping someone would comment on it. I use an IWATA now but I still have my "purple" guns and still use them occasionally, as I said I like them but if you do get one of these don't be afraid to crank up the air on it because that is what makes it work so well. Actually if you plan to do more than just a couple of jobs, especially if you are using a really high quality (by that I mean expensive!) paint you would be much better off to spring for the extra cost of something like the IWATA. The 43430 is know for doing a really good job and being a decent gun, quite a bit better than most would expect for the price, but it is also known for wasting paint due to excessive over-spray. With the cost of paint being what it is these days a gun like the IWATA will save enough in paint costs in only a very few jobs to more than pay for itself.