Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 454 bbc or 355 sbc
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ok so now im really stuck I can't stop thinking about this motor. My buddy still has it for sale (not advertising it). The wife won't let me buy unless I sell the bbc. I have never had a bbc before and to be honest have yet to see how the car rides with it. I like the whole persona of having a bbc but I just dont know if I should jump on this motor. Found out a couple things; the motor is a 350 4-bolt bored .60 over so I believe its a 360? roller cam ,lifters,rockers,edelbrock aluminum heads, edelbrock aluminum intake and the crank,rods,and pistons are all forged. My project is a 64 Chevy Impala factory 327 sbc car, pulled the drivetrain and put in 454 (casting 12550313) with a 700r4 trans. The car is not going to be a show car or daily driver not looking to race it but want it to move when i want it to so to speak lol. The 454 is stock no frills but runs great and strong. here is a picture of the small block. should I sell the bbc to get this sbc? I know I am being annoying but I figure why not ask all you gearheads before I do something I will regret Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOTOR.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	70993