Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 454 blower set up
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

454 blower set up

I have a 1990 chev k1500, 6" Rough Country lift, 35's this summer, recently bought a 454 1ton 1992 Chevy 4x4 for $750, its rotten, but runs like the day it came out if the dealer. I am taking the engine, tranny, rear end, transfer case out of it and putting it in my 1500. My 1500 is clean, no rust, re-painted and under coated(hence why I'm swapping) I have always liked the look and sound of blowers, I've read a bunch of posts about blowing 454's, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the "right" build for my truck, I want it streetable and daily driverable(I know it's not a word) but I can still tow and go mudding occasionally. I also drive this truck in the winter as my primary vehicle in winter. I know with power comes responsibility, and I don't drive stupid. I am a mechanic, but am not familiar with bbc's or blowers(I'm 19) but I have a very good machine shop that my shop deals with, and my father will be helping me along with this. Any and all help will be appreciated, even links to different forums for me to poke around in.