Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 46 ford 2 door
Thread: 46 ford 2 door
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

mounts, speedway 916180005

My computer (actually my wife's desk top ) did not like the link , mabe popup's blocked..Good point about the motor mounts. the speedway front mounts or the old Hurst type, they work ok for hooking up the chevy to the flat head trans or for using the 50's chevy short transmissions that had mounts on the bell housings, The T 5 has the mount near the rear of the trans and with that transmission the engine should use the later mount location near the center of the chevy block. streatching out with a mount at the front of the engine and the trans at the back is not good, Rod and Custom and or Streetrodder magazines had several page articles about putting a T 5 behind a flat head, last year, I don't know what they recommended for motor-trans mounts, My old 46 ford truck has a Lincoln Y block and a truck trans that bolts up with stock ford parts. I just skimmed thru the articles I think there are motor mount kits for the chevy that use the center locations for motor mounts. bolt ons could be removed if they would cause interference when the flathead goes back in.