Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 460 tad blue smoke?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

460 tad blue smoke?

Since iv been working on my project car i have a question when i first got it it ran a tad rough missing etc but never blew smoke, iv now put a hei dizzy new leads plugs etc and it runs nice but after accelerating it lets off a slight blue puff of smoke? is this normal? it wasnt doing it before.

also sometimes it back fires out the carby? what does that means is that timing to advanced or to retarded, i set the timing to what i think was about 8-10degrees before TDC, But was hard to see the marks on the crank pulley.

how i done the distributor change was. put piston 1 at around tdc firing, put my new dizzy in and then put the leads on in correct firing order writen on the intake manifold counter clockwise around the dizzy cap. it seemed to run really good as soon as i put the dizzy in but when i done the timing it was like way out somewhere random and wasn't near anymarks then when i move the dizzy to where around 8degrees bdtc it runs good jst tad back fires out the intake. . . .not sure if i done something wrong or if its to advance or retarded timing, also i have a 750 holley carburator and the engine is factory, never came with factory carb so cant put that on have to stick to the 750holley and try tune it so it runs but having a hard time doing that too