Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 47 Ford PU to 48 Ford PU Why is the 47 left out of the fun ?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
choppers hotrods been my ruin

Wiki Edits: 0

47 Ford PU to 48 Ford PU Why is the 47 left out of the fun ?

Last year I purchased an almost mint 47 Ford pickup. I knew that it was an odd ball year and had not seen many of them at shows or in mags. I was aware of the after market always listing 1948 and above. The 42 thru 47 are alike, how much of the 47 is like the 48? The cab and bed are the same the front fenders and hood are different the rear fenders have been the same since 39. I want to know about the undersides, will some 48 aftermarket pieces fit? Like shock mounts, dropped axles, engine mounts etc? Does anyone have one of these? I don't plan on changing the body but I would like some upgrades in the running gear department. Can any one help with info on the sharing parts between these trucks? Thanks.

PS. I bought this truck because I lost my show winning 1989 S10 Cameo, yes Cameo, they did make them , to an engine fire caused by a cracked hard fuel line to the carb. 350 4bl w/350 auto OD, other then that a beautifull stock Cameo. S10 guys know what I'm talking about. Totaled !