Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 47 Ford PU to 48 Ford PU Why is the 47 left out of the fun ?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Hot Rod Has Been

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Yeah honestly, the aftermarket and reproduction world is a world I don't want to be a part of anyway. So it wouldn't bother me in the least. There is way too much you can do the old school ways.

Yes your truck much like my 48 Chevy were the bastard step child of hot rodding for years. There was a time when NO ONE was rodding these trucks. So it has taken a long time for them to be "accepted" at all, they were THAT much of a outcast. But to tell you the truth, I have always loved them because of that. They aren't a good rig to restore and sell or something like that, but for your own personal use and enjoyment they are so cool because there aren't as many as other cars. My Chevy has grown so much it is super common place though. My brother use to joke literally had jokes about repro parts for my truck joking about someone making fiberglass fenders for them. Hell, they have complete STEEL cabs for them now! Repro frames, beds, it is mind blowing what is available for these trucks.

Yours still hasn't caught on that much, and that's a good thing, you won't see 22 of them at the next meet! It's fun having something a little different.

Have fun with it and rod on!

Brian
My favorite has always been the '56... I have owned two of them plus two '55's which are also cool and one '49 which I drove the hell out of....

I'd get that '47 running so you can enjoy it and make it a rolling project... more fun that way.