Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 47RE - 727 Mystery
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The TV cable is set up correctly. Next time around I'm going to look around for a 47RH, which truly is a 727 with an overdrive. The 727 was put in subject because I thought the 47RE and 727 had a lot in common and more people would be familiar with 727's and where to tap them for pressure.

I have not checked the pressures at the other ports yet. Who knows, they might all be 0. The front servo port should only show pressure in 3rd gear or up to 3rd gear? If it shows pressures in D up to 3rd, then I'll use that for my pressure gauge.

The blocker rod is in the accumulator port. I built the thing over a year ago, so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I'm 99% the rod is behind the accumulator, part of the reason for strong and hard shifts. The mainline pressures should be very high as this is behind a fairly strong diesel engine and there are no signs of slippage or flares. The mainline pressure ranges should be 115-140 idle and 195-205 WOT. Heck, I think in 2000 Dodge even set the factory idle pressure at 95 in order to help these 47re's live a bit longer behind an engine that they were never intended for.