Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 48 Chevy front sheet metal alignment
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 PM

Last journal entry: Dash install completed
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

48 Chevy front sheet metal alignment

I have a 48 Chevy Sedan Delivery that I am rodding (please see Bear Lake Rodder project journal). I have the engine in and started to figure out the front end sheet metal; it is ready to go back on the car. I have a Chassis Engineering IFS on the chassis, installed exactly as they instructed. However, I found out that the front fender liners that bolt on the core support on the front are 1.25" short of reaching the holes in the top of the frame where they are supposed to bolt up. I have posted a couple of photos to show what I mean.

The body is on the frame in the only place it can go and the radiator support from Chassis Engineering is in the place they specified. The way I see it, I HAVE to have the fender liners bolt to the frame in the rear where they are supposed to bolt up. That means I will have to bolt a plate on the radiator support cross member that will move the core support rearward 1.25".

Anyone else have had this problem with Chassis Engineering and is my plan correct?? Appreciate any input. I called Chassis and they are working on an answer for me, but I want to see what you all have to add. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fender liner doesn't line up.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	72241   Click image for larger version

Name:	fender liner fit issue; 1.25 inches off.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	72242