Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 48 jeepster swap
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 07:25 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

2.8 V 6

The V 6 would have a little more power than the flat head jeep. I worked my Jeepster, pulled a trailer a lot hauling lumber when I was building my house. The guy that bought the Jeep pickup put in a toyota 4 X 4 drive train and was not happy with it.. like the ad , he could have had a V8 , My son had a german Capri V6 when he was in high school, It had an offy dual port and 4 barrel holly carb, and headers and was comparable in performance to the early mustangs, The jeep FC and std pickups used a stronger channel frame that has the same contour as the jeepster, just longer for the pickup box, the single cross leaf front 2 WD suspension handled very good, I could out corner the stock 65 mustangs driving in the S turns into the Ford Adm building every morning. Some of the guys at Ford gave me a bad time about not driving a Ford, BUT Ford south america was in a partnership and built Jeep wagons after they went out of production in the US, A lot of tooking went south after Us cars changed to new models.