Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 48 jeepster swap
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

48 jeepster

The idea is to keep modifications to a minimum,If it were my car,I would likely still keep it 2wd but add a V8.However,my sister just wants to run it around town,And not have asked of it anymore than what it was designed for.The little V6 already has a stock Willys 4cyl flattie beat by a long shot for power,If its lacking torgue i will just add a steeper ring and gear..its a 4spd one more gear than the original 3spd. I do have a 1943 willys jeep engine that will work,But i still needed to find a 3spd from a non 4wd willys.I got tired of looking hence the V6/4spd from the mercury.All of you guys have good ideas and solid combinations,But im working with limited dollars.To me it will be underpowered,but to her..it runs/drives and is a convertible.my dad got it for her some years ago and was going to put it together for her,But he got cancer and passed on before he could do anything with it.the only immediate problem i see is the oil pan clearance..but,if i have to i will build what i need to make it work.Then the clutch/brake arrangement..hmm..steering column from a mazda truck seems to fit the bill with some modifications