Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 48 jeepster swap
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Problem solved,i just got a 1948 jeepster thats a barn find...hhmmm not a barn find to brag about under any circumstances.The barn roof fell in on top of several cars that were in the barn.A tractor,and Edsel,A 1963 mecury comet convertible..and a 1971 nova.Problem is,the roof fell in way back in 1974 and has remained that way.cars uncovered and exposed to weather.Snow,rain,sleet,hail...golf ball sized hail.anyway people have been picking over all the vehicles after the town told the owner of the barn he had to clean it out and dismantle the remains.Last car out was the jeepster.I asked if i could see if the motor in the jeepster was seized before i made an offer.I got the 'okay' it was seized uughhh.But i came back a few days later and doped the motor with a mixture of kerosene,marvel mystery oil,10w30 and a squirt of PB blaster and have let it set for a week.It turned over by hand without so much as a squeak.So i next brought a 6v battery,clean gas,fuel pump,points condensor and cap,cleaned an gapped the plugs and then kicked the motor over..it coughed and sputtered but she evened out and idled nicely.I offered the owner $100 for the remains he said 'great!' off i went.So i now have a 4cyl flattie,trans and a whole bunch f other widgets and gadgets to help with my sisters jeepster