Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 48 jeepster swap
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

yeah,mine has that.im not straying too far from factory when i dont need to.im doing the jeepster for my sister.She wants to lollygag around town and go to parades with it.I will convert it to 12v. And i wonder if pertronix has an 'ignitor' set up for the early flattie jeeps that were 6v systems?The rear axle is definately getting changed.It looks a bit feeble.I have a rear axle from a 1976 pinto thats basically the 8in light duty axle you would find in mustang II's with a V8,Its not a 9in but this jeep wont be needing anything that big anyways.And its darn close in width to the original jeepster axle.She better like this jeepster when i got it done...uughhh the last time i did a car for her was in high school..a 1977 pinto 2dr wagon with the 'bubble' rear windows..she said 'i just want a 4cyl automatic'..my dad and i got it all done,then she says 'ahhmmm...can you guys put a v8 in instead?? arrgghh!!!!! of course she being the only girl (4 brothers) my dad made sure she got her way! BUT this time she has a husband hehehe guess what brother in law if my sis aint happy