Hot Rod Forum banner

49 ford sedan rear end upgrade question

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  69ranger 
#1 ·
im looking to up grade my 49 2 door ford sedan rear end..what rear ends will bolt in place with little to no mods..thanks

#2 ·
Rearend upgrade

69ranger said:
im looking to up grade my 49 2 door ford sedan rear end..what rear ends will bolt in place with little to no mods..thanks
Does the 49 Ford have parallel leafs springs? If so find a rearend that is the same length has what you have and you should be able to get it in, you might have to change the mounting pads, or the shock mounts, but then there is not much that will fit right in with out some work. If you want it so you take things off this to put on that, you are in the wrong hobby.

Bob

#5 ·
Rearend

327NUT said:
Yea terraplane, whats wrong with you ???....why didn't you just give the correct make, year, model and part number......geeeeez!
Well nut I see the New Year has not changed you any for the good. :nono: :nono:

I do have a sheet with all the Ford rearend lengths, but I couldn't find it, And I guess I just can't remember all of them.

I guess he would want someone to come over and put it in for him, or even go to the yard and check the size.

But then I didn't see anything that you added that was worth a damn. :thumbup:

Well I guess a mustang works. Job almost done.

Bob

#6 ·
"well nut I see the New Year has not changed you any for the good :nono: :nono:" ?????????

Are you serious?? cuzz I sure wasn't, I guess my brand of humor didn't register with you. It was just a comeback in regards to the OP's "that was not much help" reply to you.......again, geeeez

#7 ·
327NUT said:
"well nut I see the New Year has not changed you any for the good :nono: :nono:" ?????????

Are you serious?? cuzz I sure wasn't, I guess my brand of humor didn't register with you. It was just a comeback in regards to the OP's "that was not much help" reply to you.......again, geeeez
Sorry Nut, I didn't feel good and just read it wrong, my bad.

Bob

#8 ·
49 ford rear end up grade

Mustange rear end is a good choice, there are a lot of them to be found out in wrecking yards, on the internet, or around your neighborhood. in my opinion unless you are going to go all-out raceing dont worry about if it is a 9" or an 8", possi. or not just use what you get, and enjoy the ride put some miles on that ford along with a smile on your face
have a good day-----lowmerc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.