Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4L60E 3-4 clutch pack clearance question
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Last journal entry: The Cheetah
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Remember...street application trans reprogramming kits are not designed for firm or crisp shifts...hard shifts on street cars are not good for the whole driveline.....these kits are made to reduce overlap between shifts, and to make upgrades in areas that makes the trans more durable,which will give you a 'positive' shift,meaning you know when it changes gears...Yes,there is a difference between a 'positive',and a 'firm' shift...if you got that,then everything is right....Factory transmissions are designed for smoothness[slight overlap between shifts] so the happy new car buyer can't even feel them shift,in turn,giving them the smooth ride they want and expect,but in many cases,to their surprise,a shorter trans life.I cant tell you how many customers came back to me asking me why,after a rebuild, they can now ''feel'' the trans shifting,where before they didn't. I tell them this same scenerio. Hope this helps.