Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4L60E 3-4 clutch pack clearance question
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick 427 View Post
Yes,it's typical....depending on what type of trans you're doing,some kits installed you'll say ''wow,thats sweet'',after a road test,and others,ya wonder why you went thru the trouble installing it.Bottom line tho,they all ''clean up' the shifts at the very least ,and make the trans more durable,even if you don't feel a significant change in shift feel,it still has a better shift quality..it's kinda hard to explain..Welcome to the world of automatics!!

Thanks again Rick427. I have been as quick as 9.70's rowing gears, and now going after the 8.69 that is currently (last I checked) the quickest T56/LS1.

I drive a 5.3 Suburban, and this trans shifts (under normal acceleration) no different than the Camaro I just wrapped up. Again, under more aggressive throttle, shifts clean up and more defined.

Thanks for all your input.

I went with a Monster rebuild kit with a looser converter (stall speed @ 2800) from Monster, and was very happy with how complete the kit was. I mean it had EVERYTHING in it as for as Teflon rings, seals, gaskets, O-rings, Alto Reds clutches...it even had the trans cooling line retaining clips, bushings, etc...

Thanks guys